Full-Time WHO HSE Manager (Manufacturing)
WHO HSE Manager (Manufacturing) Job Description
Job Description Title
Hemisphere HSE Manager (Manufacturing)
Job Profile Title
WHO HSE Manager (Manufacturing)
Responsible to develop and administer local HSE programs, ensuring that HSE procedures and policies are aligned with the overall NOV HSE Objectives and Targets. Coordinates the responsibilities involving facility health, safety, and environmental activities. This includes training, data, and documentation as it relates to facility and employee HSE matters.
Education and Experience
- Preferred Bachelors degree and 8 years HSE experience, or.
- High school diploma including progressive training and equivalent experience with managerial and executive management responsibilities
- ASP / CSP preferred.
- Familiar with HSE regulations and practices.
- Familiar with specific US, Canadian and LAM HSE requirements a plus.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES POWER SECTION PRODUCT LINE
- Accomplishes HSE function human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the hemisphere manufacturing locations to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
- Work with the applicable agencies to insure compliance to applicable regulatory and legislated requirements. Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, EPA, etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance
- Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
- Plan and coordinate HSE objectives for continuous improvement in all aspects of the business including but not limited to the HSE function goals, product performance issues, service quality, training and feedback.
- Serve as the hemisphere expert within the field of HSE when called upon to address regulatory agency compliance issues, third party safety and liability consultants and subcontractor representatives.
- Responsible for the staffing and directing the hemisphere HSE function, including the management of all Field Safety Managers and staff.
- Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the Senior Management Team.
- Assist in the preparation of the HSE budget and other administrative functions to insure an efficient operation that is effective and well integrated.
- Keep abreast of new HSE management techniques, procedures, instruments and equipment through seminars, educational institutions, professional organizations, text books, technical papers and periodicals and emerging technical and professional aspects of this position.
- Direct investigation of all critical incidents (LTI/RWC/Recordable) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted. Assist in implementation of corrective actions as it relates to the incident and ensure lessons learned are communicated throughout the Company and are incorporated into the program, if necessary.
- Devise, supervise, and coordinate training programs or media which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness. Ensure that all HSE department personnel are trained to perform their jobs effectively
- Provide assistance with formal investigation of incidents and assessment of risk providing procedures and training to prevent future occurrences when required. Ensure identified actions are tracked to closure
- Develop recommendations for appropriate alterations or additions in facility, procedures and/or equipment to improve or remove hazards or environmental exposure
- Liaise with segment and corporate HSE Team to ensure common systems and sharing of best practices.
- Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company locations to review HSE performance and policies.
- Conduct site visits/audits. Oversight of HSE incentive programs and periodically reviews them to ensure they are accomplishing the desired results. Make necessary changes to the program to maximize effect.
- Direct the duties of Facilities Managers as required
- Ensure legal compliance by engaging Corporate Legal group as required
- Promote Energy Conservation and utilize green systems to reduce NOVs Carbon Footprint while maintaining cost consciousness.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills required (in Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of HSE Management Systems.
- Ability to communicate and present to various audiences – Must have very good written and oral communications
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Reasoning Ability Use of basic reasoning, thinking on your feet, and ability to resolve issues quickly with little or no direction from a superior. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule format.
- Good negotiating skills. Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions
- Process Improvement
- Analyzing Information
- Strategic Planning
- Verbal Communication, Informing Others
- Emphasizing Excellence, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity
- Plan and Develop succession
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES Team
- Integrity and Trust
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing Diverse Relationships
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Effective Communication
- Business Acumen
HCM Job Name: Hemisphere HSE Manager
Reports to: NOV Wellbore Technologies, V P – HSEQ
- Position will require extensive travel
- Adheres to all HSE requirements
- Working hours to be identified by manager