Contract Wellsite Geologist
Wellsite Geologist Job Description
Our client is a leading Oil & Gas company with exploration and production in Thailand. They are looking for an Algerian National to join with their team in Algeria.
Position: Wellsite Geologist
Work status: Rotational, 28 Days on 28 Days off
Location: Base in Rig Site
Rate offered: NET USD 400/day (NET DZD 30,000/day)
Job Description / Scope of Work
Employee’s scope of work shall include but not be limited to, the following main activities:
· Supervision of “Formation Evaluation” contractors (Mud logging Geologist, LWD Engineer, Wireline Logging Engineer, Coring )
· Coordinates with Drill site manager, Mudlogging Engineer, Wireline Engineer, Directional Driller for well status and well trajectory.
· Coordinate with Operation Geologist, update on current well status.
· Quality control of all evaluation results and logs prior to accepting the data or logs from contractors.
· Providing relevant correlation and well data to contractor during drilling operations.
· Checking and certificating all reports, logs, from contractors prior to sending to Company office.
· Monitoring and supervising the collecting, processing and dispatching of formation evaluation samples (Cutting samples, fluid samples)
· Well logging witness, Evaluate pay count for interested zones and pressure test for pressure profile.
· Prepare Preliminary and Final Electric Log Report for each well.
· Horizontal well landing and monitoring (if applicable)
· Coring operations (Determine coring point, core description, core packing)
· Logistics concerning the contractors and equipment of Formation evaluation.
· All safety aspects for the well and personnel during these evaluation operations.
· Description and interpretation of all geological samples expect formation top and actual depth encountered.
Reporting of findings
Morning report (06:00hrs)
I. Production of geological report using Microsoft Word template designed by the COMPANY.
II. Attachment of PDF format image of MWD log.
III. Attachment of digital MWD data in LAS format.
IV. Attachment of digital survey data for entire well to date in either ASCII or Microsoft Excel format.
V. Attachment of an image of the mud-logger’s lithology log after QC by Wellsite Geologist (for example HRH Limited would generate a WRF image using Winlog software).
VI. Attachment of an image of composite log merging lithological and LWD data.
· This report is to be e-mailed to the Operations Geologist, Project Geologist, Operations Assistant and Drilling department of the operating company, and to the Drilling Superintendent of the partner company(s).
· Verbal reporting, in addition to the formal report discussed above, is to take place in the morning at a pre-arranged time (Agreed on previous day) in the form of a telephone call between the Wellsite Geologist and operator Operations Geologist. A further phone call will be made at 15:00 to update on the day’s progress and confirm out –of- hours arrangements for the following night.
Production of end of well reports and the appropriate logs regarding the operation geology.
Algerian nationality is a must. Interested candidates are invited to send a full CV stating availability, present and expected salary to: <email address removed>. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, but CVs submitted will be registered on our database for future opportunities.
871 total views, 2 today