Full-Time Supply Chain Specialist
Supply Chain Specialist Job Description
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
• The role is to work as an integrated member of the tendering team within PSGS to provide Procurement Support when the Tendering Team are preparing bids in response to our customers ITTs
• Following agreement of the Bid List or Sole Source Strategy the Sourcing Manager must co-ordinate with Legal to ensure that the appropriate terms and conditions are extracted and flowed down to the supply chain and that the Contracting Strategy is established by the team. It is essential that this is performed in a timely manner considering the Tender programme.
• As part of the activity a procurement plan has to be prepared which is used by Head of Procurement to forecast spend and identify supply chain capacity needs and set procurement strategy.
• Where existing approved suppliers cannot meet a particular need the Sourcing Manager is responsible in conjunction with the Supply Chain Development Manager for sourcing suitable suppliers and ensuring they complete the New Supplier Assessment Forms.
• Where Preferred Suppliers are involved in supporting the Tender activity the SC Specialist is responsible for liaising with the Preferred Supplier and informing the SCM that the Preferred Supplier is providing the support required.
• The SC Specialist in conjunction with the Project Team are responsible for ensuring the financial stability of the suppliers prior to requesting pricing and dependant on the contracting strategy will determine the Tier of supply chain required to ensure fairness and equalisation of bids received.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• IT/Computer Literate
• Conversant with any International Standards that are relevant & Procurement Policy and Procedures
• Conversant with Statutory Terms & Conditions of Contract
• 10 years minimum experience in Procurement
• Terms and Conditions negotiation and drafting
• Major Project experience would be an advantage
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Knowledge of the commodities used in the industry is desirable
• Good communication skills both written and oral.
• Good interpersonal, negotiating, economic evaluation skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including: Word, Power Point, Excel and Access.
• Position requires the ability to travel between locations
• Must be MCIPS qualified
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, please contact Marc Liptrot at Fircroft on <phone number removed>
237 total views, 2 today