Full-Time Reservoir Simulation Engineer
Reservoir Simulation Engineer Job Description
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Detailed reservoir description and predicative performance for reservoirs containing significant recoverable reserves
- Work closely with the Reservoir Engineer and Geologist, and key asset technical staff as required to understand reservoir history and future performance
- Primary duties will be to perform numerical reservoir simulation using various development options.
- History match historical primary and secondary recovery production and injection for specific target reservoirs
- Model predictive performance.
- Work on a team to design future development plans
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience with integrated reservoir studies using advance reservoir characterization and numerical simulation technology.
- In depth understanding of geomodels and application to reservoir models.
- You will have experience with numerical simulation software
- You will have the ability to communicate on a practical level with a multidiscipline team charged with understanding historical and predictive performance of reservoirs.
- Strong team communication skills.
- Well versed in understanding a wide array of reservoir recovery techniques and performance.
- BS or MS in Petroleum Engineering or other related engineering degree.
- You will have 5 plus years of experience in applied production or reservoir engineering
- You will have experience with integrated reservoir studies using advance reservoir characterization and simulation technology
- An In-depth understanding of geostatistics and application to reservoir models.
- Experience with the latest numerical simulation software applications for water flood and/or thermal recovery process modeling
California, United States