28 Nov 2017
Contract Process Engineer
Process Engineer Job Description
- Provides Commissioning duties for areas/disciplines of expertise
- Familiar with all aspects of process commissioning systems including mechanical, process control, process safety management, rotating equipment, water treatment, TEG, utilities.
- Responsible for onsite supervision commissioning daily work as defined by plans and procedures in system work packs.
- Responsible for maintaining documented records of daily activities and reporting daily status to Lead. Schedule threats, changes in scope of work, resource needs and target completion dates are expected to be reported in daily communication.
- Communicates changes of resource requirements to Lead Engineer. Know area activities and commissioning schedule.
- Maintains “red line” mark ups of procedures for changes in sequence, isolations and field engineering (MOC).
- Documents and communicates status and execution delays along with mitigation actions to Lead Engineer.
- Review commissioning spares; notify your Lead if there are deficiencies/ shortages that you deem necessary to purchase, thus minimize any potential downtime.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and chemical is desired.
- 10 years above experience of working on major oil & gas projects, ideally within a commissioning or operations capacity.
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language is essential.
- Must be conversant with Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Supervisor experience and ability to establish key working relationships is essential.
- Familiar with best practices within the following areas – Work at Height, Isolation of Hazardous Energy.