Full-Time Operations Supervisor
Operations Supervisor Job Description
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas? Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingrams Top 40 under 40′ lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employees family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
The primary purpose of the Operations Supervisor is to ensure all Safety related tasks and responsibilities are completed timely, thoroughly and consistently. This position ensures high safety standards, and provides the technical knowledge and skills required to ensure compliance with safety policies, procedures and regulations. The Operations Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that our plants, vehicles and employees are safe and ready to perform the tasks that they are designed to perform. Through regular monitoring, risk assessment, and trend analysis, this incumbent will be responsible for identifying potential issues and proactively developing resolutions. This position typically requires a Bachelors Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration or a related discipline and 3-5 years related experience.
- Performs all operational/safety administrative, plant and vehicle checklists and ensures previous deficiencies have been addressed.
- Conducts certified employee training (CETP) and supervises yard and plant facilities.
- Performs reseller and hose inspections, submits information for reseller compliance.
- Monitors cargo tank compliance, complete VKs on site and ensures Employees responsible for these inspections are properly trained and completing the inspections properly.
- Monitors retail training matrix ensuring Employees have their required hazmat training submitted and current.
- Monitors safety levels ensuring Employees have a recorded level in the system and have the proper level of training for their job duties.
- Monitors FerrellMeter reporting and ensures Employees understand how and when to use the FerrellMeter.
- Ensures Employees complete distance checks before every delivery and enter appropriate comments if the check fails.
- Reviews red tags (red tag report) ensuring that unsafe systems are identified and tagged (not receiving deliveries), unsafe systems are repaired and the red tag is removed once the system is repaired.
- Monitors CSA reporting to see DOT inspections that have occurred and follow up on violations.
- Monitors JS compliance and ensures that testing and inspections are current.
- Monitors quarterly risk reports to identify and address trends that may be occurring, using independent judgment and discretion to proactively address potential issues
- Coordinates with Logistics Supervisor and fleet maintenance providers to achieve all vehicle Maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring all Safety Meetings (Flashnotes), safety related memos and technical bulletins are communicated, properly documented and followed up on as needed.
- Drives to reach DCF and financial goals.
- Bachelors Degree in Operations Management, Business Administration or a related discipline
- 3-5 years related experience
- Class B CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsements required
- DOT or propane gas experience
- Mechanical and Technical Aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to manage compliance requirements
- Ability to study, learn and apply code requirements as needed
- High level of motivation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple locations
- Ability to formulate and direct data analyses pertaining to field operations processes to identify problems and resolutions
- Experience taking care of assets
- Ability to plan in detail and communicate the detailed plan
- Ability to organize and motivate in leading by example
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing chaotic environment and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Ability and willingness to 75% regional travel
Job #: 5342
The Ferrellgas team needs you, and so do our Customers, so apply today!
EOE/AAP/M/F/D/V – <link removed>
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Safety, DOT, OSHA, CSA, FMCSR, FMCSA, Propane, LP, Compressed, Gas, Hazmat, Hazardous Materials, CDL, Training