Full-Time Material Coordinator
Material Coordinator Job Description
Brief Posting Description
We are currently recruiting for a Material Coordinator on a contractual basis located at our project in Southern, Iraq. The successful candidate will provide day to day tracking of the materials, inventory and shipping processes relating to the Basrah Gas contract concerning Degassing stations.
- Responsible for all goods receipt of materials at DSG 6,7 & 8. This includes the materials already delivered when the crates are opened and identified.
- Allocate each piece of material/equipment with an area/rack within the warehouse and coordinate transport as required, forklift, pallet truck etc.
- Responsible for the coordinating and issuing of materials from DSG 6,7 & 8 to appropriate subcontractors, e.g. construction contractor.
- Work with BGC logistics team to identify most appropriate method for transportation and shipment of materials.
- Follow set method and procedures for material shipment, ensuring materials and packed and stored in a safe manner during transport and subsequent unloading.
- Track materials and shipment as required of any materials or equipment that need to be sent for repair, modification, fabrication.
- Strong commitment to safety
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
- Experience in working with multi-national teams in an international environment.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant
- Confident and assertive
- Problem solver
- Open thinker and innovator
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Flexible and adaptable
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
- Supply chain, materials / logistics management
- Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and within the time deadline required
- Ability to represent the company commercial and technical interests with vendors and contract staff
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams
- Experience in supply chain, warehouse management, materials management ideally at site.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East or internationally would be an advantage
- Engineering, QS or Business related degree preferred although not essential if candidate has relevant proven experience
Why is WGPSN where you want to be?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the companys core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC121394 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications
1392 total views, 2 today