Full-Time Logistics and Compliance Supervisor- Bammel
Logistics and Compliance Supervisor- Bammel Job Description
Works closely with all relevant departments supervising all means of transportation for both inbound and outbound shipments on behalf of the company and its customers.
• Must ensure that company policies and procedures are being enforced and adhered to at all times
• Provide continual evaluation of the groups processes and methods, to assure the most effective use of resources and equipment.
• Provide day to day supervision of employee job execution, to include; training, performance evaluation and employee relations.
• Supervises shipments of products by all modes of transportation.
• Maintains relationships and works closely with freight forwarders per NOV guidelines.
• Arrange transportation services and work with all involved departments to meet needs of customers and production schedules.
• Review and ensure accurate preparation of appropriate documentation for import / export compliance.
• Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned.
• Comply with all NOV Company and HSE procedures and policies.
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
• Ensure all import and export transactions are in compliance with NOV policy and US Customs laws and regulations
• Assign HTS (Harmonized Tariff System) classifications to products by obtaining part information from manufacturing plants, vendors, engineering; reviewing drawings and technical literature; researching US Customs rulings and publications; etc.
• Coordinate ECCN (Export Classification Control Number) classification and export licensing determination with Corporate Compliance
• Maintain classification database with justifications, update ERP system
• Coordinate import shipments with the customs broker by preparing letters of instruction for clearance, resolving compliance issues, prioritizing by arrival date or urgency and maintaining required documentation and reports
• Coordinate export shipments with freight forwarders by providing shipping instructions, screening customers and end users, filing export declarations and maintaining required documentation and reports
• Tracking shipments, updating customers and NOV personnel on transit times, arrivals, etc.
• Coordinate internal and external compliance audits by gathering documents and information, reporting results, identifying discrepancies and developing corrective actions
• Preparing compliance documentation such as Certificates of Origin, Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA), commercial invoices, packing lists, etc.
• Work with NOV Quality Assurance on all policy and procedural requirements
• Maintain all policies and procedures so they meet compliance, quality, and audit requirements
• Bachelors degree or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum 5 years experience with compliance related activities (export/import compliance experience is a plus)
• Experience leading a group of people
• 1-2 years experience in oil and gas preferable
302 total views, 3 today