Contract LNG project – Mechanical Engineer – Houston TX
LNG project – Mechanical Engineer – Houston TX Job Description
Progressive Global Energy has partnered with one of the largest EPC firms to support oil & gas projects. Our engineers will be asked to work on a contract basis to support the current project from FEED to the construction phase.
LNG Export Project for Texas LNG
The project has just finished the Pre- Feed phase conducted by Samsung Engineering and is entering the FEED stage. The location of the Export Terminal will be in Brownsville
Engineering located in Houston Texas
Independently performs Mechanical Engineering activities for all phases of mechanical development and equipment design for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., continuing services project involving a single engineering discipline). Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Mechanical Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods and procedures. Periodic evaluation of work done by less experienced engineers or specialists is required.
Below is a list of the qualifications the successful candidate must have:
* BSME / Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
* Texas P.E. Preferred
* Minimum 10 years of experience in the oil & gas industry
* Minimum 10 years of experience as a Mechanical “Equipment” Engineer
* Cryogenic Equipment Experience Preferred
Below is a list of key experience/knowledge the successful candidate must have:
- Meets with clients’ technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors’ bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to client and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of PFD’s and P&ID’s.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Participates in and is responsible for the preparation of design guides, guide specifications and contract proposals.
- Supervises and directs the activities of other personnel working on one or more projects.
- Provides input to estimates, proposals, scheduling, manpower planning, et cetera.
Having summarised the role, I am sure you will have further questions. Please apply immediately; I commit to responding to your application within 48 hours of receipt.
Please apply immediately to be considered for this position.