Full-Time Flow Assurance and Process Optimisation Team Leader
Flow Assurance and Process Optimisation Team Leader Job Description
Brief Posting Description
The successful candidate will be based in Aberdeen, and will report directly to the Flow Assurance and Process Optimisation Service Line Manager North Sea.
Part of the Wood Group Kenny organisation, the Flow Assurance and Process Optimisation Group is recognised for world-class expertise in flow assurance, supported by technology and a strong analytical capability in transient multiphase flow, dynamic process simulation, production chemistry, computational fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
• Primarily responsible for personnel deployment to projects, and assistance with personnel allocation to bid preparation/ITTs;
• Working together with the Regional Manager, responsible for meeting utilization targets for self and Engineering staff;
• Assist the regional manager in the recruiting of engineering personnel to meet Company / project requirements;
• Assist the regional manager in the promotion and development of the Companys technical skills and capabilities. This will include, but is not limited to:
• Maintaining an overview of the skills and expertise of the engineering staff (e.g. through implementation and updating of experience matrices) to identify areas of shortfall, if any;
• Identify training needs and provide guidance to HR on training requirements and opportunities. Training includes career / professional development, technical training, graduate and mentoring programs;
• Control expenditure on training within budget limits agreed with the Regional Manager;
• Develop the Companys capability and knowledge in the core business areas of technology by such means as:
• Review of ongoing work through regular team / project meetings;
• Review of published literature;
• Promoting internal seminars / meetings to educate others in special skills areas.
• Promote the Company through encouragement and coordination of technical paper preparation, presentation and attendance at seminars, conferences, etc.;
• Maintain an overview of all technical work in the Company by informal and formal contact with Business Leaders / Project Managers and project team members;
• Prepare brief monthly summary reports on manpower, resourcing and technical training / development projections for the following 3 months;
• Manage jointly with the Service Line Manager computing resources (hardware and software) to meet the needs of the Company and that improvements and problems with hardware / software are collated and disseminated to all Engineering staff;
• Assist the Service Line Manager with performance reviews / management for engineering staff in conjunction
Recognised qualification in a relevant engineering discipline or extensive experience in a relative field and a demonstrated ability to be able to perform equivalently to, or better than, reasonably expected of a degree qualified engineer.
• Advanced degree focussing in the areas of
multiphase flow / process/ fluid dynamics / heat transfer / applied mathematics is desirable but not required;
• Extensive & demonstrated flow assurance and / or process experience in the Oil and Gas industry with an excellent technical background;
• A proven track record in management of medium to large flow assurance and / or process projects;
• Detailed experience with major software packages eg. OLGA, Pipesim, PVTSim, LedaFlow, HYSYS.
• Local market knowledge would be seen as an advantage.
• Advanced degree focussing in the areas of multiphase flow / process/ fluid dynamics / heat transfer / applied mathematics is desirable but not required;
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC122044 in all correspondence relating to this position.
Internal applicants must discuss their application with their line manager prior to applying.
Online applications only – no email applications