Full-Time Engineering Manager – HVDC Control Systems Engineering – UK
Engineering Manager – HVDC Control Systems Engineering – UK Job Description
Engineering Manager – HVDC Control Systems Engineering – UK Based
My client are a world leading technology company who currently have an opening for a highly skilled and experienced Engineering Department Manager to take on a high profile role to lead the HVDC Controls function.
The successful applications will be from those with strong engineering leadership attributes, both technical and people focussed. For those with a strong change agent profile, this role offers a great opportunity to help define and drive the technical offering of the future, and create a career within the organisation that has no bounds.
Reporting to the HVDC Technology Director, the successful candidate will take full responsibility for the Development and Engineering teams responsible for current project delivery and the next evolution of the HVDC Control System. This responsibility will involve both technical product and people leadership of a team of 130 multi-disciplined engineers globally.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
1. Operations Management – Defining, managing and delivering the processes, systems and methodologies to ensure successful project delivery and product development.
2. Development – Full responsibility for next evolution of HVDC Control system. Defining the product roadmap, incorporating new technologies, innovation and design to improve product quality.
3. Project Delivery – Full responsibility for the efficient delivery of control system to customer projects.
4. Continuous Improvement – of product, process, systems.
5. People management.
As part of a large global, technically innovative organization the successful candidate can expect in return the opportunity to collaborate with people from all over the word. You will be working within a dynamic business environment in which you be nurturing innovation and creative thinking shaping the next level of cutting edge grid technologies.
Key requirements of the role also include;
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics, Software Engineering or a related discipline.
• A proven career history operating at Senior Management with a strong focus on delivery, team building and mentoring skills.
• Proven extensive experience in delivering complex control systems in a global technology based organization.
• A thorough understanding of the design and development processes and structures of complex real-time control systems.
• Familiarity with control systems for power electronics converters would be an advantage but not essential.
For more information about this role please contact our London office