Full-Time Document Controller
Document Controller Job Description
At least 5 years of experience as Document Controller in Oil and Gas project is a must for this role.
To ensure that all corporate documents are well checked and submitted on time prior to the documents submission due date. Submitting corporate documents punctually and with quality.
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility.
- Prepares drafts of correspondence procedures, document numbering procedures, document flow procedures, and filing system with the client, with Chiyoda’s related departments inside the project team and with related outside organizations.
- Supervises registration, numbering, copy distribution and filing of all documents and drawings in accordance with the procedures and systems established.
- Prepares and up-dates follow-up sheets for correspondence with the client.
- Reports to administrator group-wise status of replies required by letters and other documents form the client, in accordance with the said follow-up sheets.
- Prepares procedures for dispatching documents to filed office and branch offices.
- Makes known to staff the rules and procedures to use the house printing and telex facilities.
- Compiles and maintains control records and related files to release blueprints, drawings, and engineering documents to engineering and other operating departments
- Confers with document originators or engineering liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiles required changes to documents.
- Posts changes to computerized or manual control records, releases documents, and notifies affected departments
- Tertiary/technical qualifications with previous experience working in a project environment.
- Computer literacy is a necessary along with organizational skills.
Experience & Technical Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate broad experience in Oil & Gas Brownfield and Greenfield facilities, preferably with EPCM contractors. Middle East experience on similar projects would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in past project involvement in small to medium size projects.
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in safety principles and behaviours.
- Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within a multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) with ability to interact across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate others with regard to continuous improvement.
- A high level of computer literacy.