Full-Time Business Development Coordinator
Business Development Coordinator Job Description
The Natural resources (NR) sector is considered key to Turner & Townsend’s growth plan. The purpose of this role is to support the NR team in UK and Europe to drive revenue growth, and raise profile in the market in support of this goal, as part of our global marketing and business development team.
Reporting to the European Natural Resources Managing Director, the role will also play a key part in the UK and European BD teams. Work closely with the global NR marketing team (based in Edinburgh, Johannesburg and Houston) as well as global BD in London.
- Broad background and 3-5 years’ experience in professional services BD and Marketing
- Extensive marketing collateral, account, bid management experience
- Interpersonal skills to manage delivery through others, including consultants of all levels, BD colleagues and external suppliers
- Project management skills and the ability to manage conflicting timescales and priorities
- Commitment to internal client service and ability to work to conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Persistence with a consistently positive attitude and “can do” approach as well as being able to work well on own initiative and also as part of a wider team (located across different countries and time zones)
- Experience of Natural Resources market an advantage
Focus and Planning
- Support the development and implementation of UK/Europe NR BD and marketing plans
- Ensure visibility of market trends and pipeline of work across the regions
- Monitor and interrogate the opportunity pipeline for Natural Resources in the UK and Europe.
- Provide background research for major target clients.
- Additional research to support the process and advice and negotiate plans and targets with BU leaders across specific accounts.
- Supporting activities to win business with key accounts
- Working with NR key account managers (KAMs) and regional BD to formulate key account plans and targeted communications initiatives
- Ensuring client care interviews take place, are logged and any actions are completed.
- Working with NR management, regional BD to help deliver and disseminate the Global Key Account Management best practice framework across NR accounts
Bids and Opportunities
- Providing ‘hands on’ support to Directors working on strategic bids and opportunity pursuits
- Coaching the directors and bid managers in best practice bid techniques.
- Taking the lead on the bid process and documentation management when the need arises
- Monitor media and data sources to ensure opportunities are not missed.
- Identifying opportunities to build Turner & Townsend profile in sector media.
- Positioning key Directors as experts with your sector press.
- Develop a programme of issues based campaigns in conjunction with Global NR Manager.
- Producing marketing materials for relevant campaigns.
- Managing internal communications for sector across UK and Europe.
- Assisting regional business unit leaders (and local marketing) to implement local profile campaigns and roll out of global campaigns.
- Supporting the global and national BD team to ensure maximum exposure of relevant campaigns.
Turner & Townsend
Working on many of the world’s largest programmes from our global network of 87 offices, our 3,900 staff shape our industry. We help our clients save money with our programme, project and cost management services.
We also provide an integrated suite of management services to deliver assets that improve the performance of our clients’ businesses. Together with our set of specialist asset and property management services, we put passion into applying new ideas throughout the asset life cycle.
<web address removed>
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community